Email marketing is widely used in the modern days as means of reaching customers. In fact, it has been proven to be an effective channel for retaining customers. Any business that does not have effective email marketing strategies will always face challenges in engaging and reaching subscribers. Outlined here below are some of the proven techniques that you need to adopt.
Avoid personalizing your emails
You are advised to avoid using emails that have been personalized with recipient’s names as this might work against you. With the use of the internet, the number of cases associated with credit card fraud, identify theft have greatly increased. Many people have now become more suspicious of emails having personal messages such as greetings. However, there is a good way of personalizing your messages. For instance, you can implement the following
- Tracking and keeping the customer’s records for needs and purchases
- Tracking email campaigns as well as creating records for each
- Personalizing their emails using information and data based on their needs and data
Working on the subject lines
Avoid using subject lines having many characters. Subject lines having more than 70 characters can decrease the email open rate or clickthroughs. Again, subject lines having very few characters shave a low open rate. The following are some of the tips that you need to follow when creating email subject lines.
- Tracking all the data on email campaigns
- Developing a hypothesis for testing
- Preparing test subject lines
Watching over your send times
Get to know the best time for sending emails. Your data can help you in creating a good hypothesis and testing it out. The best time for sending emails is from 8 pm up to midnight. In fact, this is the best time for sales and click-throughs. Email campaigns are also known for doing well during weekends as compared to weekdays. Testing is the best method for determining the best days and times that you should deploy email marketing campaigns.
Giving away something
It has been found that tools and templates are the main forms of emails content that have the highest clicks and open rates. Giving something for free is helpful in reducing the friction involved whenever you are engaging your audience. Using giveaways or contests is the best way to increasing email opens and email leads. Which are best ways of doing this?
- Testing different offers: This will help you in finding out the product which gains the most subscriptions and opens
- Creating landing pages for all the special offers
- Developing multiple emails based on the audience’s interests in various products